CHICAGO, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team suffered its first two losses of the season Saturday, falling to North Park and Illinois Tech in non-conference action by identical 8-1 scores.
- Final Scores: North Park 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; Illinois Tech 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-2), North Park (1-1), Illinois Tech (3-1)
- Location: Dunbar Park, Chicago, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) picked up the Warriors' only win in their opening match vs. the Vikings, winning 6-2, 6-2 at No. 6 singles. WLC's No. 2 doubles team of Tabitha Schultz (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) and Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis.) suffered a tough 9-8 defeat, its most narrow defeat of the day. North Park proceeded to take five of six singles flights in straight sets.
- Ratkowski again picked up her team's only win in the second match of the day against host Illinois Tech. Ratkowski was a 6-3, 6-4 winner over IIT's Paulina Kulyastev. The Scarlet Hawks swept through doubles play and won every singles match in straight sets.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ratkowski surpassed her singles wins total from her rookie season with two on the day.
- Saturday's matches were the first-ever for the Warriors against both North Park and Illinois Tech.
- The Warriors open the conference portion of the schedule Wednesday at Marian (0-1, 0-1 NACC) at 4:00 p.m. WLC looks to avenge an 8-1 setback to the Sabres a season ago. MU dropped its season and conference-opening match Saturday to Edgewood and saw its second match suspended due to weather.