Sep 12, 2017
MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team opened a busy four-match week by dropping a NACC match 9-0 to Edgewood Tuesday afternoon at Quann Park.
- Final Score: Edgewood 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-4, 0-2 NACC), Edgewood (6-4, 5-0 NACC)
- Location: Quann Park, Madison, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles took control of the match early by taking all three doubles matches with the closest score coming at No. 1 by a final of 8-4. Edgewood completed the sweep by taking all six singles flight in straight sets. The Warriors' closest contested singles match came at No. 1 where Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis.) dropped a 7-5 opening first set.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors dropped their seventh straight match to the Eagles dating back to the 2011-2012 season.
- The Warriors have a quick turnaround as they travel to Fond du Lac for a NACC match against Marian (3-2, 2-1 NACC) Wednesday afternoon. The match is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m. at Fond du Lac High School. The Sabres, winners of three straight, defeated WLC 8-1 a season ago in Wauwatosa.