KENOSHA, Wis. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed on Saturday at the 2016 NACC Indoor Championships. The Warriors finished with 36 points for fourth place among seven scoring teams who were represented at the meet.
- Final Results: 4th of 7, 36 points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After placing second in the prelims of the 55-meter hurdles, Amanda Frier (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) posted a finals time of 8.81 for a second-place finish. Frier also placed third in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:01.97.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) finished seventh in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:30.03.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) recorded a second-place finish in the high jump with a height of 1.51 meters. Granath also finished sixth in the triple jump with a leap of 10.12 meters. After placing sixth in the prelims of the 55-meter hurdles, Granath posted a finals time of 9.56 for an eighth-place finish.
- Christa Winslow (Dousman, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) placed eighth in the prelims of the 55-meter hurdles and posted a finals time of 9.43 for seventh place.
- WLC's distance medley relay team consisting of Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian), Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled), Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison), and Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) was sixth with a time of 14:32.84.
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team of Frier, Stumpner, Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran), and Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) also finished sixth with a time of 4:28.85.
- Aurora captured the team title with 207 points for its fourth straight indoor title.
- The Warriors will compete again next Friday at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier. Events are scheduled to get underway at 3 p.m. inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.