SOMERS, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's indoor track & field team tallied 43 points on Saturday as the Warriors finished fourth out of 11 scoring teams at the Parkside Classic inside the Petretti Fieldhouse.
- Final Results: 4th of 11, 43 Points
- Location: Petretti Fieldhouse, Somers, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) placed third in the 1000-meter run with a time of 3:30.24. The Warriors' 4x400-meter relay team also took third with a time of 4:42.30.
- Two Warriors posted fourth-place finishes on the day, including Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) in the 3000-meter run (11:44.37) and Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) with a 1.50-meter mark in the high jump.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian), Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison), and Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) also scored for the Warriors in the 3000-meter run. Heiss finished in fifth with a time of 12:44.47, Shaw was sixth with a time of 12.50.16, and Schuette finished seventh in 13:09.64.
- Running against their own time, the Warriors' distance medley relay team crossed the finish line with a first-place time of 14:17.92.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) and Leah Rosenow (Temecula, Calif./California Lutheran) scored a point apiece for the Warriors, with Huebner recording an eighth-place finish in the high jump (1.20 meters) and Rosenow also placing eighth in the long jump (4.52 meters).
- Marquette cruised to the title of the 11-team event with 263 points.
- The Warriors travel to Platteville next Saturday for the UW-Platteville Invitational. Events begin at 11:00 a.m. inside Williams Fieldhouse.