LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis./Lodi) won the heptathlon to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team to a sixth-place finish on Friday and Saturday at the 2017 NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex.
- Final Results: 6th of 9, 47 Points
- Location: The Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Granath bested six other athletes to win the heptathlon with 3,793 points, 123 more than the runner-up finisher. She also placed third in high jump with a height of 1.51 meters.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) placed second in the 400-meter hurdles in a time of 1:07.10 and fourth in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 15.72 seconds, both season bests.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) raced to a fourth-place finish and a season-best time in the 800 meters at 2:25.33.
- WLC's 4x100-meter relay team of Granath, Huebner, Debbie Miller (Mazeppa, Minn./Zumbrota-Mazeppa), and Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S.D./Great Plains Lutheran) was fifth with a time of 53.51 seconds.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's 4x400-meter relay team of Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee), Moffenbier, Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian), and Stumpner finished sixth in 4:15.42.
- Heller sprinted to a seventh-place finish in the 400 meters with a season-best time of 1:03.93.
- Moffenbier also placed seventh in the 400 hurdles with a season-best time of 1:12.01.
- Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) ran a season-best of 14:05.58 in the 3,000-meter steeplechase for eighth place.
- Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) also posted a season-best and an eighth-place finish in the 5,000 meters with a time of 19:46.68.
- Aurora won its sixth straight NACC Championships title with 259.5 points.
- The Warriors will compete next Thursday and Friday at the Dr. Keeler Invitational. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium in Naperville, Ill.