STEVENS POINT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's indoor track & field team wrapped up its season Friday and Saturday with select athletes competing at a pair of last chance events at Carthage and UW-Stevens Point. Team scores were not recorded at either of the events.
- Events: Carthage Final Qualifier/Pointer Final Qualifier
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis./Multi-Activity Center, Stevens Point, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis.) sprinted to a second-place finish in the 400-meters Friday night in a time of 1:01.37. Huebner also finished third in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27:39.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) ran to a fifth-place finish in the 55-meter hurdles Friday with a time of 9.92 seconds.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.) and Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) posted personal records Friday night in the mile run in a time of 5:41:71 and 5:51.97, respectively.
- Madison Mihaljevic (West Allis, Wis.) ran a time of 11:50.98 Friday in the 3,000-meter run, good for a personal best.
- Kendra Schumacher (Little Chute, Wis.) and Brooke Malchow (Calhan, Neb.) both competed in the 800 meters Saturday, running to personal records of 2:37.25 and 2:42.34, respectively.
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) ran a time of 5:58.08 in the one mile, good for a personal best.
- The Warriors will have a couple weeks off before opening their outdoor season March 29 at the St. Norbert Twilight.