MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team was held to a season-low .010 hitting percentage, as visiting Edgewood spoiled the Warriors' home and conference opener Wednesday night at the Recreation Complex. The Eagles defeated WLC in three sets by scores of 25-23, 25-17, and 25-13.
- Final Score: Edgewood 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-6, 0-1 NACC), Edgewood (3-7, 1-0 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles jumped out to a four-point lead in the first set, tying their largest lead of the opening frame. The Warriors evened the score on two separate occasions, but couldn't take the lead. EC scored three of the final four points of the set for the 25-22 win. Wisconsin Lutheran totaled 11 kills in the set and held Edgewood to just .024 hitting.
- WLC grabbed an early lead in the second set, but the Eagles scored six straight points for a five-point lead. The Warriors battled back for a 12-11 lead, but another five straight from EC gave the visitors a lead they wouldn't relinquish. Edgewood's eight-point margin at the close of the set was its largest of the stanza.
- Edgewood jumped out to a 4-1 lead in the third set, and after the Warriors closed within two, the Eagles used a 7-2 scoring run and didn't look back. Wisconsin Lutheran struggled in the third, hitting -.167.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) led the Warriors with eight kills and Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) collected 15 digs. Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) dished out 19 assists. Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) recorded five of Wisconsin Lutheran's 12 block assists.
FOR THE FOES
- Renee Meister led all players with 13 kills in the match, while hitting an impressive .667. The Eagles hit a match-best .462 (14 K, 2 E, 26 TA) in the second set. Haley Schwenn passed out 17 assists and Sarah Uczen had 15 digs.
- The Warriors jump back out of conference play Saturday when they travel to Watertown for a 1:00 p.m. match against Maranatha (5-5). Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com. WLC dropped both matches to the Sabercats, 3-0, a season ago.