WATERTOWN, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped a non-conference match against Maranatha in three sets, falling 26-24, 25-23, and 25-9 Saturday afternoon at Maranatha Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Maranatha 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-7), Maranatha (6-6)
- Location: Maranatha Gymnasium, Watertown, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sabercats jumped out to a 17-10 lead in the opening set. The Warriors rattled off eight straight points to claim a 22-18 lead, but MBU scored the final two points to claim the opening set, 26-24. Wisconsin Lutheran totaled 15 kills in the set and tallied a match-high in hitting percentage at .178.
- In a back-and-forth second set, WLC held the early advantage at 7-5. The Warriors held the lead as late as 20-19, but Maranatha scored three of the final four points to claim the second set, 25-23. Neither team held a lead larger than three points. WLC recorded only nine kills, compared to 11 for the hosts.
- The Sabercats used an 8-0 lead to break their margin open in the third set at 13-3. The hosts never saw their lead dip below eight points and used an impressive .500 attack percentage to take the final set, 25-9.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) led the Warriors with eight kills and three block assists in the match. Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) paced WLC with nine assists, while Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) had 13 digs.
FOR THE FOES
- Alexis Bueltel led all players with 12 kills and Karley Johnson had 14 assists to lead the hosts. Katie Bender had 18 digs to lead all players in the match.
- MBU won its third straight match over WLC.
- The Warriors return to conference action Wednesday with a road trip to Rockford (1-12, 0-1 NACC). The match is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. inside the Seaver Center. The Regents are coming off a pair of 3-0 losses Saturday against Knox and Dubuque. A link to live video will be available at WLCSports.com.