ROCKFORD, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team earned its first conference win of the season with an impressive 3-0 victory on the road against Rockford Wednesday night inside the Seaver Center. The Warriors won by scores of 25-18, 25-13, and 25-12.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Rockford 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-7, 1-1 NACC), Rockford (1-14, 0-2 NACC)
- Location: Seaver Center, Rockford, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the closest set of the night, the Warriors held an advantage in kills, 14-12. Both teams played clean volleyball in the opener as WLC committed just five errors to Rockford's four.
- Wisconsin Lutheran took the 2-0 lead in the match in large part to six Rockford errors. WLC held the Regents to a -.115 hitting percentage while posting a .250 percentage of its own.
- WLC completed the sweep in dominating fashion, taking the final set 25-12. The Warriors once again held the hosts to a negative attack percentage (-.200), and had 11 kills to just five errors (.296) on its offensive attack.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) recorded her fifth double-double of the season, leading the team with 11 kills and 10 digs. Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) had 29 of WLC's 34 assists.
- Wisconsin Lutheran had 11 block assists in the front row, led by three apiece from Pattison and Alyssa Charon (Appleton, Wis.).
- The Warriors won their fourth straight over the Regents and improved their record to 11-2 since the two teams began playing as conference opponents in 2006.
FOR THE FOES
- Emily Johannes paced the Regents with eight kills. Kayla Barthels led the team in both digs (seven) and assists (11).
- The Warriors travel to Pella, Iowa, to compete in the IIAC-NACC Crossover over the weekend. WLC opens competition Friday with matches against Dubuque (12-1) at 1:00 p.m. and Loras (5-7) 5:00 p.m.