PELLA, Iowa (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team earned a split in its final two matches at the IIAC-NACC Crossover Saturday afternoon. The Warriors defeated host Central, 3-1, before falling to Buena Vista in their final match, 3-0.
- Final Scores: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Central 1; Buena Vista 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-10), Central (8-9), Buena Vista (10-7)
- Location: P.H. Kuyper Gymnasium, Pella, Iowa
HOW IT HAPPENED (CENTRAL)
- The Warriors took the opening two sets from host Central by identical scores of 25-22 for a 2-0 lead. The Dutch responded with a 25-15 win in set three before Wisconsin Lutheran held on for a thrilling 28-26 win in the fourth set for its first win of the weekend.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) led WLC with nine kills, while Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) and Alysha Kahlow (Fond du Lac, Wis.) posted eight apiece. Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) tallied 24 assists and 13 digs for a double-double. Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) and Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) collected 14 and 13 digs, respectively. Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) protected the net with 11 total blocks.
FOR THE FOES
- Jenna Dille posted an impressive .556 hitting percentage for the Dutch behind 16 kills, just one error, on 27 total attempts. Chapel Carter dished out 19 assists and Kayleigh Fite added 13 digs. Central hit a match-best .550 (12 K, 1 E, 20 TA) in their only set win.
HOW IT HAPPENED (BUENA VISTA)
- The Beavers won in three sets over the Warriors in their final weekend match by scores of 25-17, 25-18, and 25-20.
- Tomhave led WLC with eight kills, while Pattison posted seven while adding 18 assists. Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz.) contributed 11 assists.
- Grulke, Roberts, and Scanlon tallied 11 digs each. Klipstein, Tomhave, and Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) aided the defense with four blocks assists apiece.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was held to a .085 hitting percentage in the match.
FOR THE FOES
- BVU's Jade Schaap posted a double-double with a match-best 14 kills to go along with 11 digs. Summer Goss also added a double-double with 28 assists and 14 digs. The Beavers hit .220 for the match (31 K, 9 E, 100 TA).
- The Warriors begin a stretch of four straight home matches Tuesday when they host Mount Mary (0-8) for a 7:00 p.m. non-conference match inside the Recreation Complex. The Blue Angels are concluding a stretch of nine straight road matches to start their season. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.