MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team defeated the Mount Mary Blue Angels 3-0 Tuesday night in non-conference play at the Recreation Complex for its first home win of the season. The Warriors registered 37 kills in the contest, hitting a season-best .397. Wisconsin Lutheran also held the Blue Angels to just -.026 hitting in the match.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Mount Mary 0 (25-11, 25-6, 25-18)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-10), Mount Mary (0-9)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC took the first set of the night by a score of 25-11, with six different Warriors registering kills, including Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) with four.
- Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out to a quick 11-3 lead in the second set, powered by kills from Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) and Tomhave. The Warriors used a 14-3 run to close out the second set and take the game 25-6. WLC hit a season high .588 in the second set with 11 kills.
- In the third and final set, Wisconsin Lutheran jumped out to an early 11-3 lead, eventually taking the set 25-18.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tomhave registered a team-high seven kills in the contest, hitting an impressive .700.
- Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.), who hit .857 for the match, added six kills, four service aces, four digs, and three block assists.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) also added six kills along with three digs.
- Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz.) paced Wisconsin Lutheran with 15 assists, while Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) added nine.
- The Warriors registered 33 digs in the contest, led by Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) with six. Six other Warriors collected at least three digs in the match.
- WLC improved to 3-0 all-time over MMU.
FOR THE FOES
- Lauren Harris led the Blue Angels with 10 kills and four digs.
- Marissa Tun led the defense with seven digs, while Johnelle Suto added eight assists and three digs for MMU.
- The Warriors return to conference play Friday at 7:00 p.m. when they host Concordia Wisconsin (15-2, 2-0 NACC) for WELS Night. The Falcons last defeated Luther 3-2 Saturday in an IIAC-NACC Challenge match. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.