LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team picked up a NACC road victory Saturday afternoon, defeating Benedictine 3-1 at the Rice Center. The victory evens the Warriors' conference record at .500, earning their third NACC win of the season.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Benedictine 1 (14-25, 25-22, 25-23, 25-23)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-13, 3-3 NACC), Benedictine (3-17, 2-4 NACC)
- Location: Rice Center, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Benedictine opened the game on a 13-4 run, aided by six errors from the Warriors. The Eagles hit .364 in the first set on their way to a 25-14 victory.
- WLC trailed 19-15 in the second set, but ran off eight straight points en route to a 25-22 set victory.
- The Warriors found themselves trailing 21-15 in the third set, but mounted another comeback, scoring nine straight points. During the scoring streak, Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) registered five kills. WLC was victorious in the third set, 25-23.
- Early in the fourth set, the Warriors trailed 5-2, but used a 5-0 run to take a 7-5 lead. WLC led 19-17, but Benedictine came storming back, tying the game at 21. Wisconsin Lutheran closed out the match, out-scoring the Eagles 4-2 to complete the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Grulke led the Warriors with a double-double, registering a season-high 18 kills and 10 digs in the match.
- Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) added 11 kills and three total blocks.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) dished out 31 assists while also adding four digs.
- Three different Warriors registered 10+ digs, led by Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) with 12.
- WLC hit .120 in the match, collecting 51 kills on 41 assists.
- Five different Warriors registered blocks in the contest.
- The win was the Warriors' first over the Eagles in 15 matches since the two teams began meeting as conference opponents in 2006.
FOR THE FOES
- Lauren Wieber paced the Eagles with 12 kills in the match.
- Vanessa Possidoni led Benedictine with 19 assists, while Alyssa O'Boyle added 18.
- Kristina Billie collected 14 digs.
- The Eagles hit .189 on the contest and registered 43 digs as a team.
- The Warriors continue NACC play Friday, October 13 when they travel to Lakeland (8-15, 3-3 NACC) for a 7:00 p.m. match. WLC fell to the Muskies last season by a score of 3-1. Live stats and video for the match will be available at WLCSports.com