PLYMOUTH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team bounced back after losing the first set against Lakeland Friday night, winning three straight sets to earn a key NACC road victory inside Woltzen Gymnasium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Lakeland 1 (19-25, 30-28, 25-19, 25-23)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-13, 4-3 NACC), Lakeland (8-16, 3-4 NACC)
- Location: Woltzen Gymnasium, Plymouth, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors dropped the first set 25-19 after the Muskies hit .263, their high for the match.
- Wisconsin Lutheran trailed Lakeland 22-19 in the second set, but used an 11-6 run, powered by kills from Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) and Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) to even the match at 1-1.
- In the third set, the Warriors jumped out to an early 15-8 lead, but Lakeland cut the lead to 21-19 late in the third set, forcing WLC into a timeout. The Warriors rattled off four straight points to close out the set, taking a 25-19 victory and a 2-1 lead.
- In the fourth set, Wisconsin Lutheran forced Lakeland into five errors and took an early 8-3 lead.
- WLC held a 24-19 lead and looked to close out the game, but Lakeland answered with four straight points, forcing the Warriors into another timeout. Following the timeout, Tomhave registered a kill to give the Warriors a 25-23 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tomhave led the Warriors attack with a season-high 15 kills on .303 hitting and three blocks.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) recorded her sixth double-double of the season with 36 assists and 16 digs.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) nearly added a double-double, collecting a team-high 19 digs and nine kills.
- Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) recorded 18 digs, while Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) and Melissa Ericson (Lisle, Ill.) added 17 and 12, respectively.
- The Warriors hit .105 in the contest and had eight blocks as a team.
- Wisconsin Lutheran snapped a five-match losing streak against the Muskies.
FOR THE FOES
- Brittini Scoles led the Muskies with 11 kills.
- Allison Errthum paced Lakeland with 33 digs in the contest.
- Neenah Primas dished out a team-high 26 assists and also picked up 15 digs.
- WLC held Lakeland to just .100 hitting in the match.
- The Warriors face a quick turnaround as they travel to Marian (6-12, 2-5 NACC) Saturday for another NACC contest at 12:00 p.m. The Sabres defeated Alverno in five sets Friday night. In the lone matchup last season, WLC defeated Marian 3-2. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.