BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team split its final two matches at the Barker Chevrolet Classic Saturday at Illinois Wesleyan. The Warriors fell to Coe, 3-0, in their first match of the day and then defeated Lincoln Christian in four sets to close out their regular season slate.
- Final Scores: Coe 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Lincoln Christian 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (13-17), Coe (14-15), Lincoln Christian (13-13)
- Location: Shirk Center, Bloomington, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED (COE)
- Wisconsin Lutheran opened play Saturday falling Coe in three sets. The Kohawks won the match by scores of 25-23, 25-20, and 25-12.
- Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.), Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.), and Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) led the attack for the Warriors with five kills apiece. Tomhave and Charron also had six block assists for WLC.
- Ashley Dyrssen (Vista, Calif.) dished out 23 assists for the Warriors.
- Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) registered 17 digs, while Dyrssen added nine.
- The Warriors collected 11 blocks as a team.
HOW IT HAPPENED (LINCOLN CHRISTIAN)
- In the second match of day, the Warriors defeated Lincoln Christian by scores of 19-25, 25-19, 25-22, and 26-24.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) registered 15 kills in the contest, while Tomhave and Alysha Kahlow (Fond du Lac, Wis.) collected eight and seven kills, respectively.
- Dyrssen recorded 38 assists and 18 digs for a double-double to lead the Warriors.
- Scanlon and Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) added 14 digs apiece.
- The Warriors hit a match-high .273 in the second set and then hit .233 along with 15 kills in the final set to clinch the win.
- Tomhave was named to the All-Tournament Team for her performance over the four weekend matches.
- The No. 6 Warriors travel to Madison Tuesday to face No. 3 Edgewood (16-14, 8-3 NACC) in the first round of the NACC Tournament. First serve is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. inside the Todd Wehr Edgedome. The Warriors were swept by the Eagles in their conference opener back on September 13. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.