WEST ALLIS, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) finished 13th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a fifth-place finish out of 11 scoring teams at the 2016 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships at Greenfield Park on Saturday afternoon.
- Event: 2016 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships
- Location: Greenfield Park, West Allis, Wis.
- WLC Team: 5th of 11, 142 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 13th of 126, 25:30.45
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts was the Warriors' first runner to cross the finish line, as she placed 13th for the second straight year to earn All-NACC honors.
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) placed 30th overall with a time of 27:10.47.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) was right behind Curtis, placing 32nd with a time of 27:23.14.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) finished shortly after Weide in a time of 27:37.59 to place 39th.
- Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S. D./Great Plains Lutheran) rounded out WLC's top five individuals with a 45-place time of 27:52.23.
- After finishing seventh a season ago, WLC matched its same finish from the 2014 conference championships.
- The Warriors, who hosted the conference championships for the third time since 2010, have had an all-conference runner every year at the NACC Championships since its inception in 2006.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Aurora won its fourth conference championship in the last five years after totaling 39 points, six ahead of second-place Edgewood's 45 points.
- The Spartans' Jackie Schane also took home the individual conference 6K title with a time of 23:24.82.
- The Warriors return to action on November 12 for the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional at Lake Breeze Golf Course in Winneconne. The women's 6K race is scheduled for a Noon start.