WINNECONNE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – All seven competitors for the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team recorded either a personal or season-best time as it placed 26th out of 38 scoring teams with 763 points on Saturday at the 2016 NCAA Division III Midwest Regional at Lake Breeze Golf Course. It was the Warriors' highest regional finish since 2012.
- Event: 2016 NCAA Division III Midwest Regional
- Location: Lake Breeze Golf Course, Winneconne, Wis.
- WLC Team: 26th of 38, 763 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron), 114th of 264, 24:08.9
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts was the Warriors' top finisher, placing 114th with a season-best 6K time of 24:08.9.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./South) finished with a season-best time of 24:45.5, earning a 147th-place finish.
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) earned a 153rd-place finish with a personal-best time of 24:51.1.
- Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) crossed the line in a season-best time of 25:23.4.
- Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschooled) finished right behind Heller in a time of 25:32.1 good for an all-time personal-best.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S.D./Great Plains Lutheran) also turned in a season-best time of 25:49.6 and Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) concluded the lineup for WLC with a season-best time of 26:46.7.
- Washington University in St. Louis had five of its runners finish inside the top 24 to claim the regional title with 66 points, just 15 ahead of runner-up UW-La Crosse.
- Chicago's Khia Kurtenbach won the individual regional title with her 6K time of 21:41.3, edging out the runner-up finisher by just over two seconds.